Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vulture

...an Egyptian Vulture to be exact. This is one of those rare times where I envision my subject matter before I paint. I usually paint from feeling, thought or body sensation. Today I chose this creature to render. It's more of a drawing to me than a painting, yet I am using the same tools, but I feel there are many more lines and my dear vulture is foreshortened on purpose. The painting's title is the scientific name (more dignified, indeed) of the vulture. I was a huge fan of anything Egyptian as a child and I remember that some Vultures were buried along with humans and they were fed after they were dead, I suppose to be able to arrive in bird afterlife well fed. I read about one that was stuffed with snails...was that gory? Oh well. This IS what comes out of me, every drop of it!!!


Neophron Percnopterus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, now go listen to something LOUD!!!