Sunday, August 4, 2013

Looking West, Warming Up!

Looking West 2/2012

Going through the archives a bit. I've been sewing and silkscreening and prepping a lot of fabric for some new creations! Very excited! I have no photos yet, as I have nothing complete, and the learning curve is a LOT of fun! I love noticing a spot of ink on my arm that's been there for days...it doesn't happen like that with watercolor!  This is called Looking West. I worked on it over a year ago, and I did name it, so I guess it's done. I remember when making it I wanted to throw some green in there, but I didn't want to go heavy on the cool colors. It was cold out and I was wanting the warm colors to penetrate the blue, or at least keep it from getting any icier. I like imagining that this blue bit is actually some kind of creature carrying a party hat to someone's birthday celebration...THIS IS WHAT COMES OUT OF ME!! And it's never too early to mark your calendars...September 21st I'll be at the Court Tavern in New Brunswick NJ. I'm hoping to have more than just my paintings there, perhaps some wearable art will grace the premises as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, now go listen to something LOUD!!!