Friday, April 6, 2012

Who's On First?

Sometimes I name my pieces after they are created. If I'm sort of fooling around with a technique and watching it unfold before my eyes and I think I see something and try to keep it abstract AND force the piece to look like something, it inevitably heads straight toward the trash. A good number of these pieces I have an idea first of the feeling I'm trying to evoke and I'll pre-name it and work on the piece with the title in mind. They are two totally separate mindsets, and I'm not sure which works better, they are just different! I'm close to catching up with what I have photographed, so I'm submitting one painting a day for now. This is what comes out of me...
WAITING IN THE WINGS      1/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, now go listen to something LOUD!!!